WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
Your journey starts here! Please set aside a minimum of two hours to fully complete all of the following information.
STEP 1 – READ, REVIEW AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK
The Employee Handbook will educate you on of our company’s guidelines and principals, and is mandatory that you read through this before you arrive. All of the information contained within will help make your transition into your role and our mountain community so much easier!
STEP 2 – COMPLETE THE NEW COLLEAGUE PACKAGE
You will need the following to complete your package:
- Your SIN (Social Insurance Number). Please ensure you bring a copy of your SIN or a legal government document showing both your SIN and your name (previous tax forms, etc.) with you on your first day of work. This is required for you to be able to work.
- Your Direct Deposit information – this can be found on a personal cheque, or by requesting the information from your local banking branch.
- If you are a foreign worker coming to work with us, please do not fill out this package until you have received your SIN and set up your Canadian bank account.
Fill out the package here, no later than 1 week prior to your arrival:
STEP 3 – STAFF ACCOMMODATIONS: Housing Questionnaire & Airport Shuttles
This step is for new employees that are interested in staying in our staff accommodations, and require airport shuttle service from the Calgary airport.
If you will not be moving into the residence – please skip this step!
- Residence Check-In is available Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, the weekend prior to your start date from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- There is an airport shuttle available for bookings that will connect you to Kananaskis. Your shuttle arrival time must allow you to arrive to Kananaskis prior to 6pm, as per the above check in guidelines. Shuttle information and booking times can be found at the top left of this web page, under “How to Get Here”.
- IMPORTANT: Do not forget to bring your bedding (twin-sized bed), pillows, and towels.
- If you would like to have any luggage or supplies shipped to the residence before you arrive to ease your traveling, please contact our Employee Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you the mailing address.
- You must be 18 years or older in order to move into our Staff Residence.
- You must complete your housing questionnaire at least 7 days in advance of your arrival to ensure we have a room ready for you.
- Shuttle bookings should be made in conjunction with booking your flights, to ensure your shuttle bus timing allows you to arrive to housing prior to 6pm, Friday through Sunday.
Our staff residence is shared accommodation. It’s a 5-minute walk to the Lodge and one step from the ultimate outdoor playground!
Each room has a kitchenette, 3-piece bathroom, twin sized beds, and closets, and are equipped with a limited supply of plates, cutlery, pots, and pans.
View pictures here: http://livetheadventure.ab.ca/staff-accommodations/
Once you have read the contents of the Residence Guidebook (link is below), please complete the Housing Questionnaire. You will be required to sign-off that you have read, understand and agree to the contents outlined in the Residence Guidebook.
Thank you for completing the Housing Questionnaire!
We will be ready for your arrival.
Please direct any questions to the residence manager Eric Wilmoth email@example.com
STEP 4 – WHMIS TRAINING – all employees
Each employee must complete WHMIS training prior to your arrival.
Follow the link: WHMIS TRAINING
- Hit play
- Watch the presentation
- Follow the instructions
- After the course is complete, print a PDF of your certificate of completion and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 5 – Responsible Alcohol Service Training – F&B service employees only
Please ensure that you obtain your ProServe training certificate prior to employment at the Lodge, as this is an application requirement for all front-of-house food service positions.
If you already have your home provincial liquor service certificate, you may be eligible to transfer your certificate to the Alberta ProServe instead of taking the full course.
Please visit https://aglc.ca/contact-us for more information on transferring your certification.
To complete the full course, please visit https://aglc.ca/liquor/responsible-liquor-service/liquor-staff-training-smart-programs .
Please send your certificate to email@example.com prior to your first day of work.