WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
Your journey starts here! Please set aside a minimum of two hours to fully complete all of the following information.
STEP 1 – READ, REVIEW AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK
The Employee Handbook will educate you on of our company’s guidelines and principals, and it’s is imperative that you read through this before you arrive. All of the information contained within will help make your transition into your role and our mountain community so much easier! It is mandatory that you review the information prior to arriving, and you will be signing that you have acknowledged its contents.
STEP 2 – COMPLETE THE NEW COLLEAGUE PACKAGE
You will need the following to complete your package:
- Your SIN (Social Insurance Number). Please send a copy of your SIN to firstname.lastname@example.org (must show your name and the SIN in the copy).
- Your Direct Deposit information – this can be found on a personal cheque, or by requesting the information from your local banking branch.
- If you are an international applicant coming to work with us, you can fill this information out once obtaining your SIN and banking info upon arrival to Canada. Please do not fill this package out until you have received all the required documents.
Fill out the package here, no later than 3 weeks before you arrive:
ATTENTION FOREIGN WORKERS – IMPORTANT:
If you’re a Temporary Foreign Worker please send us a scanned copy of your work permit and SIN after passing Canadian customs to: email@example.com
STEP 3 – COMPLETE THE STAFF ACCOMMODATIONS HOUSING QUESTIONNAIRE
This step is for new employees that are interested in staying in our staff accommodations. It is very important to complete this section at least 7 days in advance of your arrival to ensure we have a room ready for you.
If you will not be moving into the residence – please skip this step!
Our staff residence is shared accommodation. It’s a 5-minute walk to the Lodge and one step from the ultimate outdoor playground!
Each room has a kitchenette, 3-piece bathroom, and basic furnishings.
- You must be 18 years or older in order to move into our Staff Residence
- Residence Check-In is available Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, the weekend prior to your start date from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Rooms are equipped with a limited supply of plates, cutlery, pots, and pans
- IMPORTANT: Do not forget to bring your bedding (twin-sized bed), pillows, and towels
- If you would like to have any luggage or supplies shipped to the residence before you arrive to ease your traveling, please contact our Employee Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you the mailing address.
Once you have read the contents of the Residence Guidebook (link is below), please complete the Housing Questionnaire. You will be required to sign-off that you have read, understand and agree to the contents outlined in the Residence Guidebook.
STEP 4 – WHMIS TRAINING – all employees
Each employee must complete WHMIS training prior to your arrival.
- Please visit http://www.ahsa.ca/
- At the top left of the page, click “register”
- Complete all the information required (Choose company as Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge)
- Click “create account”
- Log in with your information
- Open a second browser, and go to http://ahsawhmis.ca/
- Log in again with your information
- Begin your training
- Complete your training
- Return to the first link and (log in if required again) to retrieve your certificates
- Email your certificates to: email@example.com
STEP 5 – Responsible Alcohol Service Training – F&B service employees only
Please ensure that you obtain your ProServe training certificate prior to employment at the Lodge, as this is an application requirement for all front-of-house food service positions.
If you already have your home provincial liquor service certificate, you may be eligible to transfer your certificate to the Alberta ProServe instead of taking the full course.
Please visit https://aglc.ca/contact-us for more information on transferring your certification.
To complete the full course, please visit https://aglc.ca/liquor/responsible-liquor-service/liquor-staff-training-smart-programs .
Please send your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your first day of work.