WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
You are joining a community of individuals who are dedicated to creating an unparalleled resort experience for our guests and for each other. Your journey starts here! Please set aside a minimum of two hours so you may truly be able to absorb all of the following information. Prior to your arrival, get to know the company you are joining, realize how you can have a truly engaging colleague experience, and start preparing for an Adventure second-to-none!
STEP 1 – READ, REVIEW AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK
The Employee Handbook will educate you on some of our company’s guidelines and principals. This will help make your transition into our hotel and community so much easier! It is mandatory that you review the information therein prior to arriving, and you will be signing that you have acknowledged its contents.
STEP 2 – COMPLETE THE NEW COLLEAGUE PACKAGE
In order to help speed up the completion time, here is a list of items you will need handy to complete your package:
- Your SIN (Social Insurance Number). If you do not have a SIN number please contact People Resources before proceeding
- Your Direct Deposit information – this can be found on a personal cheque, or by requesting the information from your local banking branch
The New Colleague Package contains all the required forms and paperwork to make you an official part of the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge team.
ATTENTION FOREIGN WORKERS – IMPORTANT:
If you’re a Temporary Foreign Worker please send us a scanned copy of your passport and work permit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 3 – COMPLETE THE STAFF ACCOMMODATIONS HOUSING QUESTIONNAIRE
This step is for new employees that are interested in staying in our staff accommodations. It is very important to complete this section at least 1 week in advance of your arrival to ensure we have a room ready for you.
If you will not be moving into residence – please skip this step!
Our staff residence is shared accommodation. It’s a 5-minute walk to the Lodge and one step from the ultimate outdoor playground! Each room has a kitchenette, 3-piece bathroom, and basic furnishings. We also offer a common room with a pool table and TV lounge, and our staff store (Bear Necessities) is located in the main residence building. Our Employee Experience Team and Staff Activities Committee plan a variety of different activities throughout the year. A staff shuttle provides transportation to events and makes weekly trips into Calgary and Canmore. Once you have read the contents of the Staff Residence Guidebook (link is below), please complete the online application form below. You will be required to sign-off that you have read, understand and agree to the contents outlined within.
- You must be 18 years or older in order to move into our Staff Residence
- Residence Check In Days are Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 8pm
- We do provide free WiFi and cable
- Rooms are equipped with used plates, cutlery, pots and pans
- IMPORTANT: Do not forget to bring your bedding (twin sized bed), pillows, and towels
STEP 4 – WHMIS TRAINING
Lastly, will also need to complete WHMIS training prior to your arrival.
- Please visit http://www.ahsa.ca/
- At the top left of the page, click “register”
- Complete all the information required (Choose company as Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge)
- Click “create account”
- Log in with your information
- Open a second browser, and go to http://ahsawhmis.ca/
- Log in again with your information
- Begin your training
- Complete your training
- Return to the first link and (log in if required again) to retrieve your certificates
- Email your certificates to: email@example.com
STEP 5 – YOU’RE DONE – START EXPLORING!
The only thing left to do is get prepared for your first day of work, and if moving into residence, start preparing for your move. On the Resources page of this site is a list of some helpful resources to make your transition to the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge as seamless and easy as possible. If you don’t find the answer to a question you have – please don’t hesitate to contact your manager or any member of the People Resources team. Looking forward to seeing you in K-Country! If any questions arise prior to your start date, please don’t hesitate to contact your People & Culture Department!